Terms and Conditions below:
In order to be eligible to receive the Trade In Option, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not proceed with the Trade In Option.
1. We, us or our means Walker Stores Pty trading as Snaffle ACN 007 973 962, Make It Mine Finance Pty Ltd ACN 130 102 411 and Essential Appliance Rentals Pty Ltd ACN 093 580 655 its directors, employees or agents. You, your means the Customer.
2. You must be an existing or previous Snaffle Wallet, Snaffle/inRent rental, Make It Mine rental or Essential Appliance Rentals rental customer who was approved for a contract with a contract commencement date of no earlier than 1 January 2018 (existing account).
3. Your existing account must not be in arrears and all payments must be up to date in accordance with the particulars of your existing account contract.
4. The existing account must include a Mobile Phone that is an eligible product. An eligible product is a Mobile Phone (handset) made by the following manufacturers: Apple, Samsung, Google, Oppo, RealMe. Not all Mobile Phones sold by us are eligible products. This does not include accessory products to the Mobile Phone such as Smart Watches or other devices that you may have acquired on the contract; but does include items included with the Mobile Phone such as a charger.
5. You must apply and be approved to purchase a Mobile Phone by Purchase of Goods by Instalments agreement worth a combined total contract value of no less than $1200.00 within the timeframe using only the Snaffle Wallet as a new or existing Snaffle Wallet customer on the Walker Stores Pty Ltd trading as Snaffle website. For the avoidance of doubt, the Trade In Option is not available to acquire a new Snaffle Rental contract and should you not be approved for a Purchase of Goods by Instalments agreement we will not accept the trade in or make an offer to you to purchase the Mobile Phone for the trade in value. Any trade in value we agree to offer you for the Mobile Phone will be applied to your account as a discount or credit and is not an offer of cash or cash payment. The trade in value will not be applied as a discount or credit until you have sent the Mobile Phone, we have received the Mobile Phone and confirmed it meets with our minimum criteria. If we reject your trade in or change our offer of the trade in value for the Mobile Phone once our assessors have received the Mobile Phone, you will not be permitted to terminate the new Purchase of Goods by Instalments agreement purchased within the timeframe outside that is permitted on the Purchase of Goods by Instalments agreement.
6. You must trade in an eligible product by completing our Assessment Questionnaire. The Assessment Questionnaire will determine if the item you propose to trade in meets with the minimum criteria to qualify as a trade in. We reserve all rights and it is to our total and absolute discretion to determine if your item meets our minimum criteria. If the item does not meet with our minimum criteria and we choose not to trade in your Mobile Phone, no further correspondence will be entered and our decision is final. The Assessment Questionnaire will determine the quality and functionality of your Mobile Phone and provide you with a preliminary trade in value. You will be required to provide us with photos of the Mobile Phone before the item is sent to us. Upon receiving the Mobile Phone, our assessors will verify if your Mobile Phone meets with our minimum criteria and should it not meet the minimum criteria we reserve the right to change our offer of the trade in value or reject to accept the Mobile Phone entirely. Reasons for your Mobile Phone trade in being rejected, or us changing our trade in value offer, include but not limited to: any visible damage or scratches, broken or cracked screens, it is no longer working or functional, it can no longer be charged, you have not reset the goods to factory settings, you have not provided any passwords or you have forgotten the passwords and are unable to access the operating system.
7. Should your eligible product meet with our minimum criteria and we accept your trade in, the maximum trade in value we will offer you to trade in your Mobile Phone will be up to $300.00. The actual trade in value amount will vary depending on the results of the Assessment Questionnaire and the assessment completed by our assessors once we receive the Mobile Phone. We will confirm the trade in value with you. The trade in value we provide you is our final offer and is not for negotiation. You will have been deemed to have accepted the Trade In Option if you have completed the Assessment Questionnaire and sent the Mobile Phone to us.
8. Once we have received the Mobile Phone and applied the trade in value as a discount or credit to your account, we will deal with the Mobile Phone how we deem fit. There will be no opportunity to request to have the Mobile Phone returned to you for any reason once we receive the Mobile Phone.
9. You release us from any causes of action, loss, liability, damage, expense (including any claim for legal expenses), cost or charge sustained or in any way incurred, by you trading in your Mobile Phone with us as a result of:
a) any failure or delay by us which is due to an act of God, riots, acts of terrorism, storms, pandemic, fire, any labour, or industrial dispute, any strike, and any other acts which are not reasonably without our control; or,
b) any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered by you in connection with trading in the Mobile Phone such as but not limited to: loss of data, contacts, photos or any personal or business information that may be held or stored by you on the Mobile Phone. For the avoidance of doubt, it is your responsibility to remove any and all data, including confidential, personal or business on the Mobile Phone before you send the Mobile Phone to us by deleting said data, completing a factory reset and unpair any devices.
10. The timeframe to submit an application or make a purchase is from 00:00 AM (AEST) Monday, 14 November, 2022 to 11:59 PM (AEST) Sunday, 31 December, 2023.
11. You must claim the Trade In Option by submitting the expression of interest form and speaking with customer care. Details on how to redeem the Trade In Option will be sent to you within 7 days from the arrival of your used device to our warehouse.
12. In order for you to receive the Trade In Option, you will need to successfully pay the first payment and take delivery of the products purchased under the Purchase of Goods by Instalments agreement.
13. For Snaffle/inRent rental (Australian Credit License 393023), Make It Mine rental (Australian Credit License 402033) or Essential Appliance Rentals rental (Australian Credit License 393256) on a Consumer Lease contract (rental contract), to trade in your Mobile Phone and obtain the trade in value, the rental contract is required to be paid in full in accordance with the rental contract Schedule. You must have also made an offer to buy the goods from us, we must have accepted your offer and you have completed any payment that is required to purchase the goods from us as a contract of sale in accordance with the end of lease provisions of your rental contract. The trade in value will be applied as a credit to the new Purchase of Goods by Instalments agreement for a Mobile Phone.
14. Should the rental contract not be paid in full in accordance with the rental contract Schedule, no trade in value will be offered for the Mobile Phone as the goods are still owned by us as the Lessor. You will be able to return the Mobile Phone to us and any remaining amount to be paid on the rental contract will be discounted should there be a period of eighteen (18) months since the commencement date of the rental contract and any rental payments are up to date at the time of applying for the Purchase of Goods by Instalments during the timeframe. Should there also be any other goods on the rental contract that are not an eligible product for trade in, the rental amounts for these goods will need to continue. We will confirm with you what the rental amount for these other goods will be and provide you a variation to your rental contract.
Snaffle Wallet Contracts
15. For an existing Snaffle Wallet contract (wallet contract) where a Mobile Phone has been purchased on a Purchase of Goods by Instalments agreement, the trade in value of the Mobile Phone will be discounted on any remaining amount to be paid under the Total Credit Fees and Charges in accordance with the Pre-Contractual Statement (Financial Table), Line of Credit Agreement Schedule and Tax Invoice should there be a period of eighteen (18) months since the commencement date of the wallet contract. After the trade in value has been applied to the existing wallet contract for the Mobile Phone and there remains an outstanding amount to be paid, we will further discount the remaining amount associated with the Mobile Phone on the wallet contract; or, should the amount remaining on the account be less than the trade in value, the balance will be applied as a credit to the new Purchase of Goods by Instalments agreement for a Mobile Phone. Should there also be any other goods on the existing Purchase of Goods by Instalments contract that are not an eligible product for trade in, the amounts for these goods will need to continue to be paid. We will confirm with you what the repayment amount for these other goods will be and provide you a variation to your Purchase of Goods by Instalment contract.
16. New and existing Snaffle Wallet customers who apply and are approved for an increase to their credit limit that increases their subscription level will need to choose between the Trade In Option and the Snaffle Welcome Gift voucher or credit to your account. For the avoidance of doubt, you can only choose one.
17. We reserve the right to change or alter these terms and conditions at any time without notice to you.
18. Any alteration or change to these terms and conditions will be at our sole discretion including but not limited to any omission or error that we may have made in making this offer to you that could not be reasonably known or foreseen at the time.
19. In the event of any dispute, the decision by us is final, and no correspondence will be entered into, subject to relevant State legislation.
20. The offer cannot be exchanged for anything else or for any other reason or purpose.
21. Not available in conjunction with any other offer.